Established in 1981, the Stovax Group (comprising Stovax and Gazco) manufactures and distributes high quality stoves and fireplaces to more than 20 countries.
The Stovax Group has predominantly grown organically through designing and developing its own products which are at the mid to upper sector of the market.
The Stovax Group now employs more than 325 staff and has a proven record of developing and promoting staff. The Group continues to invest not only in a continuous new product program but also in structured training (both internal and external) for its staff.
Due to continued expansion of the Group, which is in strong financial health, the Group is looking for a number of new positions. The common requirement for people interested in these roles will be a desire and commitment to be involved in a dynamic business where the over riding criteria are product quality and customer satisfaction.
Gazco manufactures and distributes decorative fuel effect gas and electric fireplaces and stoves. Based in Exeter, Devon, Gazco also incorporates the Yeoman Gas and Electric Fire brand which is also produced and distributed by the Company.
Reporting to the Development Manager, a Development Engineer is required to join a very innovative gas fire Research & Development team. You will have the ability to take a project from initial design brief through full development and into production. Innovative and ability to produce new ideas, which will carry the company forward in product design is essential to this role. The ideal candidate must have an aptitude for solving problems and formulating solutions.
• Proven background in the design and development of decorative effect open fires and decorative effect glass fronted fires in both conventional flue and balanced flue format is preferred, although a background in the development of gas heating or cooking equipment will also be considered.
• Knowledge of general engineering practices and the use of appropriate materials and their limitations in engineering practice
• Must be able to work within the budget limitations of the brief and ensure the design meets the tight cost targets in order to produce a competitively priced product.
• Must be fully conversant with all the relevant British and European standards applicable to Gas Fire approval.
• Proven ability to liaise with approval agencies both in the UK and abroad.
• Good verbal and written communication skills as the role will involve liaising with other internal departments (design, production engineering, production and purchasing) as well as external suppliers both in the UK and abroad.
• Ability to work under their own initiative and actively plan the development program is essential, as is the ability to work within tight timescales.
• A sound knowledge of general computer software packages including Word and Excel.
• Competitive Salary
• Attractive Relocation Package for the right candidate
• 24 days holiday, increasing to 27 days based on service, plus bank holidays.
• Pension Scheme
• Free Eye Test
• Life Assurance
• Child Care Vouchers
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Staff Discount
• Free Parking
Please refer to the following websites:
• www.gazco.com, www.stovax.com,
• www.yeoman-stoves.com, www.dovre.co.uk
• www.stovaxspares.com , www.gazcospares.com
Sign up to our newsletter and receive the latest news and updates, including product launches, offers and promotions, exclusive giveaways and competitions, as well as seasonal tips and advice.Subscribe Now!