We have always strived to create products that minimise our environmental impact. Across our solid fuel stoves and fires we offer one of the largest ranges of cleanburning, smoke control approved appliances, many of which meet future Ecodesign low emission standards. Similarly, our gas products are designed to run as efficiently and cleanly as possible. Environmentally conscious product design also extends to our electric ranges, which include features such as Open Window Detection and Thermostatic heating control to save energy.
In addition to our products, the Stovax Heating Group Limited recognises that our operations could impact on the environment and that we have a responsibility to control and reduce any potential negative effect. We endeavour to protect the environment through minimising any possible impact caused by our operations through working in a sustainable manner. We commit to the following to ensure our company not only prevents pollution but also continually improves its environmental performance.
The Stovax Heating Group will:
- Implement an environmental management system compliant with the standard BS ISO 14001:2015;
- Identify and minimise, where possible, any environmental impacts of our operations;
- Establish objectives and targets to drive continual improvement in environmental performance, the prevention of pollution and overall energy consumption;
- Comply with current environmental legislation and relevant non-regulatory controls (including customer environmental requirements) and, where practical, go beyond these requirements;
- Provide guidance and training to staff and relevant contractors in complying with our environmental policy whilst ensuring that their own work, so far as reasonably practicable, is carried out without risk to themselves, others or the environment;
- Develop emergency response plans for major environmental incidents;
- Audit and review our environmental performance to ensure continual compliance with our policies and procedures;
- Make our environmental policy available to interested parties, on request;
- Ensure our products are energy efficient through sustainable design, material and construction methods and compliant with current relevant legislation;
- Work with our supply chain to ensure they operate in an environmentally responsible way and promote sustainable solutions and best practice;
- Environmental responsibility is the concern of every Stovax Heating Group employee, awareness of environmental issues will be ensured through training and active involvement;
- The Directors and Managers of the business are responsible for ensuring the provision of appropriate resources and arrangements to ensure the implementation of the objectives of this policy and for ensuring that the company complies with environmental laws and regulations.
For us, the environment is at the heart of everything we do. Achieving recognised targets in environmental performance and sustainability through both our products and day-to-day operations is critical, but only the beginning. The real challenge is to improve upon these standards and help lead the heating industry in paving the way to a sustainable future.