What is a Gas Safe Engineer?

What is a Gas Safe Engineer?

Gas Safe Register is the official list of gas engineers who are qualified to work safely and legally on gas appliances in United Kingdom, Isle of Man and Guernsey. Replaced by CORGI, this is now a legal requirement that gas engineers must be qualified to do so; before it is deemed safe for them to inspect the gas work they have carried out.It is important that gas engineers, who fit, fix and service appliances such as boilers, fires; ovens and hobs must be a Gas Safe registered engineer. Otherwise, if they carry on the work, they are breaking the law and could put lives at risk.

By visiting www.GasSafeRegister.co.uk or telephoning 0800 408 5500 you can find out or check to see if your engineer is Gas Safe Registered.

Before proceeding with any gas work to be carried out in your home, always make sure that you ask for the engineer’s ID.

Check the following sides of the engineer’s ID card:

1. The licence number,
2.The start and expiry dates of their registration
3. The work your engineer is registered to do
4. The engineer’s up-to-date qualifications. If you are a resident of the Republic of Ireland, your gas heating appliance must be fitted by a Bord Gais Registered Service Engineer.

Visit your local Gazco retailer for more information.

Ignite your inbox with exclusive content!

Sign up to our newsletter and receive the latest news and updates, including product launches, offers and promotions, exclusive giveaways and competitions, as well as seasonal tips and advice.

Subscribe Now!