What is the Cosy Carvings Competition?
#CosyCarvings is a competition where you can create your best pumpkin masterpiece and place it in front of your stove or fire. Once you have created this, please share it with us on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #CosyCarvings. You could be in with a chance of winning a luxurious hamper.
For some inspiration, here are some of last year’s entrants.
#CosyCarvings 2016 Entrants
Top five tips to carve the perfect Halloween pumpkin:
1. Find the perfect pumpkin.
- Choose your pumpkin wisely. Make sure you find a large nicely rounded one. The bigger the pumpkin, the easier it is to carve. Older pumpkins won’t last long. For a different alternative, try a watermelon for a ghoulish green effect.
2. Hollow your pumpkin out.
- Cut the top off and make sure the crown is wide enough, so you can scrape out the insides easily. Use a large spoon to get rid of all the pulpy, seedy mess, but also try and scrape away some of the wall’s flesh as well – the thinner the walls the more light will shine through the surface.
3. Trace the design on your pumpkin.
- If you have a design in mind, trace it along your pumpkin. See our Pinterest boards for some inspirational ideas. Carve another pattern at the back of the pumpkin for an eerie effect.
4. Add another dimension
- You can paint your pumpkin or add another item such as a hat or anything ghoulish.
5. Add a light
- You can add tealights, fairy lights or battery operated candles. If you are using a tea light, be sure to leave the lid off to avoid a fire hazard.
Please always take care when using sharp objects and open flames.
#CosyCarvings Inspirational Pinterest Board
We have put together a Pinterest board to help enhance your creativity.
Competition Terms and Conditions:
- Entrants and winners must be aged 18 or over and be residents of the United Kingdom.
- The competition is not open to employees (or their immediate families) of the Promoter, its agents or anyone professionally connected to the promotion.
- No purchase necessary to enter.
- The competition starts on 09/10/2017. Entries must be submitted by 11.59 on 01/11/2017.
- The winners will be selected by judges and will be confirmed as soon as possible.
- The two first prize winners will receive a luxurious hamper.
- Stovax and Gazco reserve the right to feature competition winners on the stovax.com website and in Stovax and Gazco communications.
- Competition closes at 11:59pm on 01/11/2017.
- The winner will be announced on 06/11/2017.
- All elements of the prize are subject to availability, non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives. It cannot be sold or given to an alternative party.
- All entrants agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
- These Terms & Conditions are subject to English law. The decisions of the Promoter are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Don’t forget to share your pumpkin masterpiece on our Instagram or Twitter using #cosycarvings!