Gas fires 

What is GasSafe?

Q: What is GasSafe?

A: GasSafe replaced CORGI in Great Britain from 1st April 2009. To undertake the fitting or servicing of a gas appliance in England, Scotland and Wales, an engineer must be suitably qualified and registered with GasSafe.

With effect from 1st April 2010, all engineers carrying out work on gas appliances in Northern Ireland, whether for installation or servicing, must be on the GasSafe Register.

You can find details of registered installers by visiting or by phoning 0800 408 5500.