Quality Assurance Engineer
As the Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer you
will be responsible for monitoring and reporting on the performance
of key suppliers and ensuring that quality standards are being
consistently maintained throughout the global supply chain.
Reporting to the Purchasing Associate Director, and also working
closely with our New Product Development and Quality Inspection
teams, this hands-on role will involve working directly with
suppliers to ensure continuous improvement and right first time
- Assist in the setting of quality standards, inspection criteria
and monitoring performance of
- Inspection of goods both at suppliers prior to shipment and at
point of receipt, including aesthetic and dimensional inspection.
Ensuring the correct quality records and actions are raised and
completed in accordance with the findings.
- Conducting Supplier Quality Audits to establish suitability to
supply in accordance with internal requirements and quality plans.
Recording of all inspections undertaken, including completion of
- Liaising with all relevant departments in regard to quality
- Completing Quality Inspection Reports for non-conforming goods
requiring supplier or internal actions.
- Inspecting new component and product samples, and liaising
directly with suppliers to resolve any non-conformances.
- Actively involved in New Product Development.
- Ability to read and accurately interpret technical drawings and
a keen eye for detail.
- Experience of inspection and working as part of a team within a
- Experience of working with suppliers to develop and ensure
- The desire and willingness to travel worldwide.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a good
knowledge of MS Word / Excel or equivalent.
- Enthusiasm to learn new skills and ability to grasp large
amounts of product information.
- Be able to work to, and develop, standards and procedures in an
ISO9001:2008 registered company, with a proactive approach to
record and report keeping.
- An understanding of the importance of quality in a
manufacturing and customer serving environment.
- A valid Passport and Driving Licence.
- Knowledge of procurement processes.
- Evidence of previous business travel.