Established in 1981, the Stovax Group (comprising of Stovax and Gazco) manufactures and distributes high quality products around the world.
These products include Solid Fuel and Wood Burning Stoves, Gas and Electric Fires and Fireplaces.
• Is a leading force in its UK and European markets
• Exports to more than 30 countries
• Sustains a continuous programme of new product development
• Employs over 280 staff
• Has a proven record of growth and internal promotion of staff
• Invests in structured in-house and external training
• Offers competitive salaries and benefits
Due to continued expansion of the Group, which is in strong financial health, the Group is looking for a number of new positions. The common requirement for people interested in these roles will be a desire and commitment to be involved in a dynamic business where the over riding criteria are product quality and customer satisfaction.
JOB TITLE: Technical Customer Service Advisor
Reporting directly to the Technical Customer Services Manager. The purpose of this role is to take all customer and retailer calls of a technical nature and provide them with the correct technical advice. This role requires the skill to resolve customer’s issues in a swift, successful and diplomatic manner regardless of the circumstances. A knowledge of heating appliances of all fuel types, their installation and servicing is highly advantageous for this role.
The Technical Customer Service Advisor role will greatly benefit from having one or more of the following training elements to carry out the work:
Gas Safe Certification
• CCN1 • HTR1 • CONGLP1 •
Building Regulations Approved Document P Certification (electrical safety – dwellings)
• To resolve technical issues relating to any of the Stovax, Gazco (and associated) brands raised by our retailers, end users and members of the general public.
• To handle calls, faxes and email enquiries and issues covering all aspects of installation, building regulations, operations and safety on any of our products.
• To be an ambassador for Stovax and Gazco, increasing our customers’ satisfaction with our products and service.
• Filter and monitor the accuracy of all complaint data entry.
• To be at all times smart and courteous whilst carrying out this important task in a professional manner.
• To carry out fault finding analysis over the phone with retailers and end users on any of the Stovax, Gazco and associated brand products in our portfolio and offer appropriate advice to resolve the issue.
• To document and report on all calls and problems identified and to log onto the company CRM system.
• To ensure that any information provided is accurate, appropriate and in accordance with all the relevant regulations for installation and use.
• Working Monday to Friday, based in our Exeter office
The Stovax and Gazco portfolio is aimed at the domestic market and includes:
• Solid fuel, gas, electric, fireplaces, stoves, boiler stoves, mantles and accessories but is constantly expanding.
• The Gas products are both NG and LPG in conventional and balanced flue formats.
(Note: In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required)
PERSON SPECIFICATION – The following personal attributes would be an asset:
• Excellent verbal communication skills over the telephone, written communication through either e-mail or letter.
• Proactive approach to keeping records and reports up to date.
• Diplomatic nature to ensure company policy is followed and customers are left satisfied.
• Knowledge of software program’s including email and Word and a propensity to learn new programs such as our CRM system.
• Flexibility to carry out a wide ranging role that will vary across the year.
• Must be able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service assistance.
The successful candidate will need proven relevant experience. You must be a team player with good communication skills.
REMUNERATION – competitive and in accordance with experience.
BACKGROUND INFORMATION ON STOVAX GROUP – Please refer to the following websites: