Established in 1981, the Stovax Group (comprising Stovax and Gazco Ltd) designs manufactures and distributes high quality stoves and fireplaces to more than 40 countries.
The Stovax Group is the UK’s largest stove and fireplace producer with a range of designs from contemporary to traditional to suit everyone’s requirements. The Stovax Group is privately owned and has predominantly grown organically through designing and developing its own products, which are at the mid to upper sector of the market. The Group’s products are available throughout the world from a selection of independent retailers and distributors.
The Stovax Group now employs more than 270 staff and has a proven record of developing and promoting staff. The Group continues to invest not only in a continuous new product programme but also in structured training (both internal and external) for its staff.
Due to continued expansion of the Group, which is in strong financial health, the Group is looking for a number of new positions. The common requirement for people interested in these roles will be a desire and commitment to be involved in a dynamic business where the over riding criteria are product quality and customer satisfaction.
Stovax designs, manufactures and distributes cast iron and steel wood burning and multi-fuel stoves, cassettes, fireplaces and a range of accessories. These products are sold under the Yeoman name as well as Stovax. Based in Exeter, Devon, Stovax also distributes the Dovre, Lotus, Varde Ovne and Nordpeis.
JOB TITLE: QUALITY INSPECTOR / ENGINEER
1. Reporting directly to the Group Quality Control Manager for all aspects and the day to day operational details.
2. To be available for travel extensively both UK and abroad when necessary to inspect and assess products and to ensure that the quality meets our very high standards.
3. To be able to dimensional check products carefully from engineering drawings. The appropriate person must be able to read such drawings and understand drawing symbols.
4. To be able to write a concise Sample Approval report to confirm the findings of the dimensional review. The report must be clear, concise and consistent and be able to be understood by others who are not so conversant with engineering drawings.
5. To be able to demonstrate an eye for detail in inspecting products to an agreed specification.
6. To be able to offer solutions to any quality problems and be capable of communicating effectively to various departments to qualify the findings. To ensure that these are correctly managed through the systems and procedures, this will also need a management style to follow up on such points.
7. To assist the Goods-in team where necessary on the inspection and checking of our products.
8. To ensure effective communication with all relevant departments that we interface with and in particular the design team with regard to our existing and new product ranges.
9. To effectively report and demonstrate to the Group Quality Control Manager on a weekly basis what products/ tasks have been completed.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Competent user of Microsoft Word
• Dynamic and proactive
• Numerate with accurate attention to detail
• An engineering background will be essential
• Ability to travel extensively will be essential
• Flexibility to carry out a wide ranging role that will vary across the year
Together with an analytical and inquisitive mind, you must be a team player with good communication skills.
Please refer to the Stovax Heating Group About Us section for more company information.