THE STOVAX GROUP
Established in 1981, the Stovax Group (comprising Stovax, Gazco and Yeoman brands) designs manufactures and distributes high quality stoves, fireplaces and associated accessories to more than 30 countries.
The Stovax Group has predominantly grown organically through designing and developing its own products which are at the mid to upper sector of the market.
The Stovax Group now employs more than 280 staff and has a proven record of developing and promoting staff. The Group continues to invest not only in a continuous new product programme but also in structured training (both internal and external) for its staff.
Due to continued expansion of the Group and growth of the Group’s manufacturing requirements, the Group is looking for a number of new positions. The common requirement for people interested in these roles will be a desire and commitment to be involved in a dynamic business where the overriding criteria are product quality and customer satisfaction.
Based in Exeter, Devon, the Stovax Group manufactures and distributes cast iron and steel wood burning, multi-fuel, gas and electric stoves, cassettes, fireplaces and a range of accessories.
JOB TITLE: QUALITY CONTROL INSPECTOR
As a Quality Control Inspector your main role will to be ensure that product quality standards are maintained at various stages of the supply and manufacturing process. This will involve the inspection of various types of items and components and is a hands on, non-office based role. For this reason,you will be a practical and mechanically minded individual.
Whilst your main place of work will be our quality control facilities in Exeter, you will also be flexible with the ability to travel within the UK and overseas.
Previous experience is desirable but in-house training will be provided for candidates who have had experience working in manufacturing or other similar practical positions where quality and customer satisfaction are at the core of what they do.
• Inspection of goods received, including dimensional and aesthetic checks to drawings and/or master samples
• Dimensional interpretations from drawings to completed product.
• Recording of goods inward inspections and completing Quality Inspection Reports for non-conforming goods requiring supplier or internal actions.
• Conducting inspections of components and finished goods within suppliers manufacturing facilities and ensuring the correct quality records and actions are raised and completed in accordance with the findings.
• Liaising with the Purchasing and Technical Departments in regard to quality issues.
• Inspecting samples and the recording and approval of these in accordance with the Sample Approval Process.
• Any other duties required as part of the role.
• Ability to read and accurately interpret technical drawings
• An understanding of the importance of quality in a manufacturing and customer serving environment
• A background in manufacturing and or / engineering
• Experience of quality audit and inspection of suppliers
• Experience of working in foreign countries and conducting supplier visits
Education & Training
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to demonstrate continuous learning
• Working knowledge of MicrosoftOffice packages to an intermediate level
• Knowledge of Sage
• A Driving Licence and Forklift Licence
Skills & Abilities
• Structured, practical, organised individual
• Proactive self starter
• Ability to prioritise and work on own initiative
• Ability to learn new skills and ability to grasp large amounts of product information
• Diplomatic Communicator with experience of writing letters and reports
• Attention to detail
• Team Player
• Experience of using stock control systems such as SAGE
• Competitive Salary
• 23 days holiday, increasing to 26 days based on yearly service, plus bank holidays.
• Pension Scheme
• Free Eye Test
• Life Assurance
• Child Care Vouchers
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Staff Discount
Working Hours:Monday to Friday. Standard working hours to be confirmed.
BACKGROUND INFORMATION ON STOVAX GROUP – Please refer to the following websites: