THE STOVAX GROUP
Established in 1981, the Stovax Group (comprising Stovax and Gazco Ltd) designs manufactures and distributes high quality stoves and fireplaces to more than 30 countries.
The Stovax Group has predominantly grown organically through designing and developing its own products, which are at the mid to upper sector of the market. The Group’s products are available throughout the world from a selection of independent retailers and distributors.
The Stovax Group now employs more than 280 staff and has a proven record of developing and promoting staff. The Group continues to invest not only in a continuous new product program but also in structured training (both internal and external) for its staff.
Due to continued expansion of the Group, which is in strong financial health, the Group is looking for a number of new positions. The common requirement for people interested in these roles will be a desire and commitment to be involved in a dynamic business where the over riding criteria are product quality and customer satisfaction.
Stovax designs, manufactures and distributes cast iron and steel wood burning and multi-fuel stoves, cassettes, fireplaces and a range of accessories. Based in Exeter, Stovax is the market leader in its product sectors and one of the largest fireplace companies in Europe.
JOB TITLE: QUALITY INSPECTOR
Working with the quality team you will be responsible for ensuring that product quality standards are being maintained. Reporting to the Quality Manager you will be involved in the inspection of components and appliances at the point of receipt and at suppliers manufacturing facilities. Travel within the UK and overseas will therefore be required when necessary, and a background in quality and/or engineering will be essential.
• Inspection of goods received, including dimensional and aesthetic checks to drawings and/or master samples
• Dimensional interpretations from drawings to completed product.
• Recording of goods inward inspections and completing Quality Inspection Reports for non-conforming goods requiring supplier or internal actions.
• Conducting inspections of components and finished goods within suppliers manufacturing facilities and ensuring the correct quality records and actions are raised and completed in accordance with the findings.
• Raising of concessions and rejection notes where appropriate, in accordance with the Quality Management System.
• Liaising with the Purchasing and Technical Departments in regard to quality issues.
• Inspecting samples and the recording and approval of these in accordance with the Sample Approval Process.
• Any other duties required as part of the role.
• Ability to read and accurately interpret technical drawings
• An understanding of the importance of quality in a manufacturing and customer serving environment
• Experience of working in a Quality Control environment.
• Proven track record of quality audit and inspection of suppliers
• Experience of working to standards such as ISO9001
• Experience of working in foreign countries and conducting supplier visits
Education and training
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to demonstrate continuous learning
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages to an intermediate level
• Knowledge of Sage
• A Driving Licence and Forklift Licence
Skills and abilities
• Structured, organised individual
• Proactive self starter
• Ability to prioritise and work on own initiative
• Ability to learn new skills and ability to grasp large amounts of product information
• Diplomatic Communicator with experience of writing letters and reports
• Experience of using stock control systems such as SAGE
• Attention to detail
• Team Player
• Competitive Salary
• 23 days holiday, increasing to 26 days based on yearly service, plus bank holidays.
• Pension Scheme
• Free Eye Test
• Life Assurance
• Child Care Vouchers
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Staff Discount
Working Hours: 09:00 – 17:30 (Mon – Fri)
REMUNERATION – Competitive and in accordance with experience
BACKGROUND INFORMATION ON STOVAX AND GAZCO LTD – Please refer to the following websites: