THE STOVAX GROUP
Established in 1981, the Stovax Group (comprising Stovax, Gazco) designs manufactures and distributes high quality stoves, and fireplaces to more than 30 countries.
The Stovax Group has predominantly grown organically through designing and developing its own products which are at the mid to upper sector of the market.
The Stovax Group now employs more than 280 staff and has a proven record of developing and promoting staff. The Group continues to invest not only in a continuous new product programme but also in structured training (both internal and external) for its staff.
Due to continued expansion of the Group, which is in strong financial health, the Group is looking for a number of new positions. The common requirement for people interested in these roles will be a desire and commitment to be involved in a dynamic business where the over riding criteria are product quality and customer satisfaction.
Stovax designs, manufactures and distributes solid fuel stoves, fireplaces, mantles and associated flue systems and accessories. Based in Exeter, Stovax is the market leader in its product sectors and one of the largest fireplace companies in Europe.
Reporting to the Quality Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that quality standards are maintained throughout the procurement and manufacturing process. Working within the quality department, and also closely with our Technical and Purchasing teams, you will be involved in inspecting components and appliances both externally and internally and assisting with the maintenance of the quality management system. You should have a willingness to travel within the UK and overseas and a background in quality and / or engineering.
• Inspection of goods received including dimensional and aesthetic checks to drawings and specifications, both internally and externally.
• Dimensional interpretations from drawings to completed product.
• Recording of inspections, including visit reports.
• Raising of quality related documents where appropriate in accordance with the Quality Management System.
• Shop floor inspection and product audit
• Internal calibration requirements
• Liaising with the Purchasing and Technical departments in regard to quality issues.
• Completing Quality Inspection Reports for non-conforming goods requiring supplier or internal actions, to a quality that can be sent directly to our suppliers.
• Inspecting samples and recording and retaining these in accordance with the Sample Approval Process.
• Conducting inspections of components and finished goods within suppliers manufacturing facilities and ensuring the correct quality records and actions are raised and completed in accordance with the findings.
• Any other duties required as part of the role.
• Ability to read and accurately interpret technical drawings
• An understanding of the importance of quality in a manufacturing and customer serving environment
• Experience of working in Quality Control environment
• Proven track record of quality audit and inspection of supplies
• Experience of working to standards such as ISO9001:2008
• Experience of working in foreign countries and conducting supplier visits
Education and training:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to demonstrate continuous learning
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages to intermediate level
• Knowledge of Sage
• A Driving Licence and Forklift Licence would also be advantageous
Skills and abilities:
• Structured, organised individual
• Proactive self starter
• Ability to prioritise and work on own initiative
• Ability to learn new skills and ability to grasp large amounts of product information
• Diplomatic Communicator with experience of writing letters and reports
• Experience of using stock control systems such as SAGE
• Attention to detail
• Team player
• Competitive Salary
• 23 days holiday, increasing to 26 days based on service, plus bank holidays.
• Pension Scheme
• Free Eye Test
• Life Assurance
• Child Care Vouchers
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Staff Discount
Working Hours: TBC (Mon – Fri)
BACKGROUND INFORMATION ON THE STOVAX GROUP:
Please refer to the following websites:-