THE STOVAX GROUP
Established in 1981, the Stovax Group (comprising Stovax and Gazco Ltd) designs manufactures and distributes high quality stoves and fireplaces to more than 40 countries.
The Stovax Group is the UK’s largest stove and fireplace producer with a range of designs from contemporary to traditional to suit everyone’s requirements. The Stovax Group is has predominantly grown organically through designing and developing its own products, which are at the mid to upper sector of the market. The Group’s products are available throughout the world from a selection of independent retailers and distributors.
The Stovax Group now employs more than 270 staff and has a proven record of developing and promoting staff. The Group continues to invest not only in a continuous new product programme but also in structured training (both internal and external) for its staff.
Due to continued expansion of the Group, which is in strong financial health, the Group is looking for a number of new positions. The common requirement for people interested in these roles will be a desire and commitment to be involved in a dynamic business where the over riding criteria are product quality and customer satisfaction.
Stovax designs, manufactures and distributes cast iron and steel wood burning and multi-fuel stoves, cassettes, fireplaces, flue systems and a range of accessories. These products are sold under the Yeoman name as well as Stovax. Based in Exeter, Devon, Stovax also distributes the Dovre, Rocal and Bosca brands in the UK.
JOB TITLE: PURCHASING ASSISTANT
1. Reporting directly to the Purchasing Director for all aspects and the day to day operational details.
2. To ultimately assist the team to ensure accurate reconciliation of External Warehouses to whom we issue components and ensure that they are strictly controlled. This includes ensuring accuracy of our own stocks, the information regarding the verification of counted parts for export before being despatched and conducting on-site counts.
3. To co-ordinate transport for the issue of component parts with the freight department in good time and to liaise with the warehouse manager to ensure picking deadlines are achieved.
4. Generating sales orders and pick lists for all free issue shipments.
5. Oversee and verify items to be picked against a Sales Order ensuring that the locations and quantities are correct.
6. To investigate and report on any shortages including ensuring that the systems are immediately updated.
7. Ensure the Warehouse staff fix labels on all pallets which explicitly detail what is in each pallet.
8. Update export master sheet detailing quantities and pallet numbers and weights.
9. Generate invoice and packing lists.
10. Print out enough copies of paperwork in accordance with freight instructions. This should be a maximum of 5 sets.
11. Create clean receipts and collect stamped CMR.
12. Cancel sales orders on system before completing the transfers. Both of which need to happen immediately.
13. Check weights of products and update the Sage system.
14. Accompany the purchasing team to conduct on site stock counts. This should be done at the main strategic warehouses and as needed with all others. Assist the team to ensure that any stock counts and reconciliations are effective immediately after the actual stock count itself.
15. To effectively report to purchasing on all relevant issues and ensure immediate liaison with the WH and ensuring without fail an immediate update of Sage to correct any stocking information.
16. To work with the external warehouses to help develop and ensure best practises are adopted to control stock.
17. Creation and control of Bills of materials as well as any new part codes, supersessions and ensuring that any changes are also effectively controlled in the warehouse.
18. To check some invoices of purchased products, services and consumables as appropriate. This must be a thorough check to confirm that the quantity, delivery date, price and quality of the product delivered are correct. Only after all checks have been performed can the invoice be authorised by the relevant Buyer before passing to accounts for payment. Any discrepancies must be communicated to the supplier, and the appropriate credit/ or replacements expedited.
19. To assist in sending out enquiries for any new or existing products to source the relevant product at the most appropriate supplier and maintaining the log of enquiries. Progressing the enquiries may also become essential.
20. To create serial number databases for new products and ensure that such information is embraced and used by the relevant departments and that the warehouse is keeping these updated.
21. To accurately produce a back order report at least once a week, ensuring that the completed information is sent to the relevant departments. This will also involve the entering of delivery details onto specific supplier sheets to enable the data to be linked to the main report. Also, important is the accuracy of the information. Any expected delivery dates that have been exceeded are to be investigated and corrected before the report is released. Please ensure that service call spare parts are expedited efficiently and are not over 30 days.
22. To liaise with marketing and ensure that any point of sale requirements are purchased in competitive price and volumes.
23. To order stationery as required but ensuring that spend is controlled and not exceeded to values that are not justifiable. All purchases to be signed off by the Purchasing Director.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Dynamic and proactive
• Numerate with accurate attention to detail
• Flexibility to carry out a wide ranging role that will vary across the year
• Diplomatic and professional approach to allow the candidate to come across as an ambassador for Stovax
• Be willing to travel
Together with an analytical and inquisitive mind, you must be a team player with good communication skills.
Please refer to the Stovax Heating Group About Us section for more company information.