THE STOVAX GROUP
Established in 1981, the Stovax Group (comprising Stovax and Gazco Ltd) designs manufactures and distributes high quality stoves and fireplaces to more than 30 countries.
The Stovax Group is the UK’s largest stove and fireplace producer with a range of designs from contemporary to traditional to suit everyone’s requirements. The Stovax Group is privately owned and has predominantly grown organically through designing and developing its own products, which are at the mid to upper sector of the market. The Group’s products are available throughout the world from a selection of independent retailers and distributors.
The Stovax Group now employs more than 280 staff and has a proven record of developing and promoting staff. The Group continues to invest not only in a continuous new product programme but also in structured training (both internal and external) for its staff.
Due to continued expansion of the Group, which is in strong financial health, the Group is looking for a number of new positions. The common requirement for people interested in these roles will be a desire and commitment to be involved in a dynamic business where the over riding criteria are product quality and customer satisfaction.
Stovax designs, manufactures and distributes cast iron and steel wood burning and multi-fuel stoves, cassettes, fireplaces and a range of accessories. These products are sold under the Yeoman name as well as Stovax. Based in Exeter, Devon, Stovax also distributes the Dovre, Lotus, Varde Ovne and Nordpeis.
JOB TITLE: PURCHASING ASSISTANT (Maternity Cover – 9 month contract initially)
1. Reporting directly to the Purchasing Director for all aspects and the day to day operational details.
2. To expedite all UK Purchase orders from all relevant suppliers to ensure that delivery dates are adhered to. It is critical that the delivery date for each order is known well in advance by beginning the expediting well before the order date and keeping the warehouse informed of expected arrival dates. Any potential problems must be highlighted immediately and resolved, or referred to the relevant buyer for additional support.
3. To ensure that spare parts are expedited efficiently in order to support the web based spares shop. Lead-times for all spare parts must be kept to a minimum and suppliers to be challenged to reduce lead-times to ensure good availability is maintained at all times through the year
4. Organising regular Purchase Order progressing report print runs and conducting relevant checks with the suppliers to ensure older orders are resolved
5. To accurately produce a back order report at least once a week, ensuring that the completed information is sent to the relevant departments. This will also involve the entering of delivery details onto specific supplier sheets to enable the data to be linked to the main report. Also, important is the accuracy of the information. Any expected delivery dates that have been exceeded are to be investigated and corrected before the report is released. Please ensure that service call spare parts are expedited efficiently and are not over 30 days
6. To raise system Purchase Orders for all required services and consumables and packaging for the warehouse as sanctioned by the requisition system, and or agreed with the relevant Buyer.
7. To check all purchase order acknowledgements for all Stovax orders. Any variation must be communicated with the relevant supplier, and any resulting change agreed with the relevant buyer.
8. Correctly update Supplier Information within the Sage Line 1000 system with the latest prices, where appropriate.
9. To check some invoices of purchased products, services and consumables as appropriate. This must be a thorough check to confirm that the quantity, delivery date, price and quality of the product delivered are correct. Only after all checks have been performed can the invoice be authorised by the relevant Buyer before passing to accounts for payment. Any discrepancies must be communicated to the supplier, and the appropriate credit/ or replacements
10. To assist in helping Customer Services and Technical Customer services with any special requests for part codes, prices and availability.
11. To assist in sending out enquiries for any new or existing products to source the relevant product at the most appropriate supplier and maintaining the log of enquiries. Progressing these enquiries may also become essential.
12. Working with the relevant buyers to analyse and plan in advance the monthly production requirements for a large range of Stovax products. Following confirmation of the production plans, it will be necessary to ensure that the appropriate procedures are followed explicitly including:
• Providing appropriate pick lists for the Stovax Warehouse team taking into account available stock of componentry at Stovax.
• The raising of internal sales orders and inter-branch transfers for accurate recording of stock movement.
• Appropriate despatch/movement paperwork.
• Completion of relevant internal stock movement procedures.
• Completion of relevant export paperwork including Invoices, Packing Lists and Clean Receipts
• Maintenance of Export Register
13. To work with the external warehouses to help develop and ensure best practises are adopted to control stock.
14. To produce minutes for the monthly Purchasing meetings.
15. To obtain all the latest MSDS and Technical data sheets from all relevant sources. To check if there are any differences and to report on their effect if any it may have going forward
16. To be confident working within a CRM system, managing the data input, relevant information about current and new sources for consideration, creation of suppliers and ensuring the quality of information logged. Running reports from the system to feed timely and accurate information back into the business.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Dynamic and proactive
• Numerate with accurate attention to detail
• Flexibility to carry out a wide ranging role that will vary across the year
• Diplomatic and professional approach to allow the candidate to come across as an ambassador for Stovax
• Excel advanced would be an advantage
Together with an analytical and inquisitive mind, you must be a team player with good communication skills.
• Competitive Salary, plus bonus structure
• 23 days holiday, increasing to 26 days based on yearly service, plus bank holidays.
• Pension Scheme
• Free Eye Test
• Life Assurance
• Child Care Vouchers
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Staff Discount
Working Hours: 09:00 – 17:30 (Mon – Fri)